Cartridge filtration has been available for a relatively long time, but has only recently begun to enjoy rapid growth and acceptance. When water passes through a cartridge filter, dirt is screened out at the surface of the cartridge element. When clean, the element will trap larger particles, with finer particles being filtered out as the pores of the element become clogged by the larger debris. The cartridge element can be removed and cleaned by pressure washing inside and out with a garden hose.
- Single Locking Knob securely fastens filter head to filter tank, eliminating clamps or bolts.
- Filter Head provides easy access to cartridge element. May be rotated to conveniently position pressure gauge and manual air relief valve.
- Heavy-Duty Filter Tank injection molded of high strength PermaGlass XL™ for dependable, corrosion-free performance.
- Automatic Air Relief purges any trapped air during filter operation.
- Single Element Cartridge is engineered of high-quality reinforced polyester, with gasketed molded end caps, for maximum efficiency, easier cleaning and longer life.
- Precision-Engineered Extruded Core provides extra strength and superior flow.
- Elevated Filtered Water Collector and Debris Sump prevents accidental by-pass of heavy debris to pool or spa when cartridge is removed for cleaning.
- 1.5″ or 2″ FIP, or 2″ SKT Connections for plumbing versatility.
- .5″ FIP Filter Drain for fast draining. Also accepts standard spigot valve.